Beer is for fools!!!
By David J. Stewart
Proverb 20 1, “Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.”
Proverb 20 17, “Bread of deceit is sweet to a man; but afterwards his mouth shall be filled with gravel.”
The following article was scanned from the February 7th, 2003 Chicago Sun-Times:
I am so sickened every time I hear of an intoxicated driver who kills someone(s). Hundreds-of-thousands of people are killed every year in the United States alone because of liquor related injuries, accidents and crimes. How 'bout the drunken ship captain, who not too long ago ran a massive oil tanker into the ground... totally devastating the environment of the whole area for years thereafter. Then there's the billions of dollars it costs Americans every year due to soaring insurance premiums because of medical costs, lawsuits, etc, etc, etc.! The costs are staggering to the taxpayers of America for all the legal proceedings, court-room costs, salaries, extra police patrol, prison expenses, prevention, rehabilitation and hundreds of other expenses directly due to beer. It's sickening and a crying shame--an embarrassment to the American public.
I like to use the term "beer" for a good reason...that reason being that too many people (especially beer drinking believers) like to condemn hard liquor (such as Jack Daniels and Smirnoff), but fail to condemn beer since it has a lower alcohol content. Listen friend, beer causes much more injuries, deaths and murders than Jack Daniels ever did. I'm not condoning hard liquor--not at all! I am condemning beer as an unsuspecting evil by the masses of society. People let down their guard when drinking beer because they have the mindset that beer is not as bad as hard liquor. This element of deceit makes it all the more dangerous.
A perfect example is electricity. Everyone who has seen what electricity can do to the human body fears high voltage, but did you know that more people are killed by 115 volts than by any other level of voltage? Yes, it is true! Why? Because most people have the mind set that only high voltage is dangerous. The truth is that that the 115 volts coming into your house can be lethal if you aren't careful. Likewise, people have become so accustomed to beer that there is no fear of what it can do.
You would be better off playing with rattle snakes than to play with beer. Beer is more like playing Russian roulette...you are playing with your life (and worse, the lives of other people). Something is very wrong when the government forces you to wear a seat belt, but you can drink a beverage (known for it's deadly consequences over and over again) and the government does nothing to prevent it from happening. I say "nothing" because despite minor efforts to lower legal alcohol limits and promote driving safety...masses of people are still dying--SOMETHING IS VERY WRONG IN THIS COUNTRY.
We are a messed up nation when it comes to our laws. People are arrested and put in prison (sometimes for decades) for dealing illegally with marijuana, yet how many deaths are caused annually by marijuana? Very few compared to the staggering number of deaths caused by beer and other alcoholic beverages. Listen my friend, you cannot eat at the devil's table without being food poisoned. You cannot play with the devil's fire and not get burned. Satan only shows us the neon lights of Las Vegas, he doesn't show us the broken lives and ruined families because of sin. Sin destroys!
It is a sin to get drunk, not to mention totally irresponsible. Drunk people CAN'T think logically and are a risk to themselves and others. It is a sin to take a chance with the life of another person. So many people get drunk and hurt other people. This is exactly why beer and ALL alcoholic beverages should be totally outlawed. If beer were outlawed, 95% of all the alcohol caused deaths would cease. The amount of illegal beer would be minimal compared to the rivers of booze that presently flow through our nation every day.
Sadly, the family murdered in the above article could have still been alive today. Too bad evil lawmakers legalized (and continue to legalize) alcohol. God will hold every single person liable for their part in the legalization, production, transportation, sale and consumption of alcohol. Alcohol is nothing less than LIQUID DEVIL. I won't argue with you whether or not it is a sin to drink beer...though I think it is. Howbeit, I will say that the sinful effects of beer has been documented well throughout the graveyards and battered families of history. Alcohol is deceitful, a demon in the cup. When you drink beer, you are living dangerous friend. I like what my pastor Dr. Jack Hyles used to always say, "You can't take two drinks of beer if you don't take the first." That's very good advice. You can't take a third drink of beer, if you don't take a second...and so forth. No one ever got drunk on beer who didn't take that FIRST drink. It all starts with that FIRST drink.
The Hypocrisy of Alcohol and Drug Laws
Marijuana is illegal in most of the world, while alcohol is legal, despite the fact that alcohol is a far more dangerous drug than marijuana in every way. People consider marijuana to be a dangerous drug, while they think of alcohol as being a fun beverage. They consider those who sell marijuana to be drug dealers, the scourge of society who should be hunted down and imprisoned, while those who sell alcohol (wine makers, grocery stores) are viewed as respectable citizens.
Logically speaking, it should be the other way around. Alcohol tends to make many people aggressive, leading to a variety of violent crimes, while marijuana does not. Alcohol is a central nervous system depressant, and leads to a serious loss of coordination and motor skills. At larger doses, alcohol renders one completely unconscious. Drunk drivers cause enormous numbers of automobile accidents and deaths. Marijuana is not a central nervous system depressant, and while one probably shouldn't drive while intoxicated on anything, it simply does not cause anywhere near the loss of motor control that alcohol does, and is only a fraction as dangerous as alcohol in terms of driving. And, a large enough dose of alcohol can and will kill you, while the same is not true of marijuana.
But people are looking at this based on their feelings. Marijuana feels like a drug to them. It's illegal, isn't it? Alcohol feels like a fun beverage. It's legal, and socially acceptable, so it feels ok, so it must be ok. So the same cop who arrests someone for possessing Marijuana, can LEGALLY go home and get plastered on Jim Beam or Jack Daniel's alcohol. All of this is illogical and stupid, and typically human. It is tragic!
"Preaching will close more taverns than Alcoholics Anonymous will."
-Pastor Jack Hyles
(1926-2001), quoted from chapter seventeen of Dr. Hyle's inspiring book,
Teaching on Preaching.
- The Lie of "Drinking Responsibly"
- The Worlds Deadliest Drug
- When It's Too Late!
- Alcohol (The brutal reality of booze!)
- Liquid Devil
- Alcohol Kills 1,400 Students a Year
- The Song of Fools
- A Frank Word About BOOZE!
- Alcohol and Traffic Deaths
- Alcohol is Deadly
- A Drunk Without Hope (audio testimony of a former drunkard without God, Dean Miller)
- Drunk Driver Kills Chicago Firefighter!
- G.A.D.D. (God Against Drunk Drivers!)
- Anti-Saloon League Quitters! (Increased crime because of prohibition is the Devil's lie!)
- Things You Need to Know About Drinking Beer
- Alcohol Killed 16,000 people in 2001
- Drunk Driving Statistics
- Victims of Booze
- Alcohol Victims!
- Not Everyone Who Gets Hit by a Drunk Driver Dies!
- Bud Dumber (and his idiot accomplices Miller Low-life and Dead-dog)
- Beer Brochure (a printable handout which opens with Microsoft Word 2002, or MS-Word 97)
- Alcohol Facts and Information
- For a driver, even a few drinks can be lethal
- The Bible and the Bottle
- MADD (Let's ALL get mad, REAL MAD! MADD General Statistics)
- Drunk Driving Statistics for 2002
- Alcohol Deaths Rise Sharply!
- Alcohol Prohibition (Bring it back!)
- The Hypocrisy of U.S. Laws (Some people go to prison for decades for minor drug offenses (and they don't even hurt anybody), losing their homes, losing their children, losing their life, etc; while reckless drunks who DO kill and hurt others go virtually unpunished. This is because of the rich beer companies, and the evil lobbyists, lawyers, judges, and politicians who have sold their soul to the almighty dollar.)
- The Occult Roots of AA (Alcoholic's Anonymous)
- AA's Big Book VS THE Book (God's Word)
- Flying and Alcohol Don't Mix!
- 266,291 Alcohol-related Deaths Between 1982 and 1993
- Teens Drink One-Fifth of U.S. Alcohol!
- Alcohol Kills Twice as Many as Tobacco
- Beer Soaks America (exposing the lying propaganda of the beer industry)
Billy Sunday on PROHIBITION (audio sermon)
Billy Sunday -BOOZE KILLS! (audio sermon)
The Truth About Booze- part 1 (audio sermon by Pastor Jeff Owens)
The Truth About Booze- part 2 (audio sermons by Pastor Jeff Owens)
- The Hellishness of Beer! -by David J. Stewart
- Alcohol is Worse Than Marijuana God Hates Beer!
- Christians and Alcohol (There is NO "safe" amount of alcohol)
- Jesus and Wine (No, Jesus did NOT drink or make alcoholic wine!)
- Every 15 Minutes, Someone Dies from an Alcohol Related Collision!
- The Occult Roots of AA (Alcoholic's Anonymous)
- AA's Big Book VS THE Book (God's Word)
- Sunday Alcohol Sales
- Gamble, Smoke, Drink and Die -- Responsibly, Please!
- Alcohol is a Drug (also information on many other drugs: cocaine, ecstasy, GHB, heroin, steroids, etc.)
- How Alcohol Kills Alcohol and Health
- The Deceitfulness of Liquor (everyone thinks they can handle it, they can't)
- The Dangers of Alcohol
- The American Academy of Pediatrics on the Dangers of Alcohol Use
- The Impact of Alcohol Abuse on American Society
- Chicago, The Town Billy Sunday Couldn't Shut Down!
- Alcohol Kills 6 Times More Young People than ALL the Other Illegal Drugs Combined!
- Scientists Say Alcohol Abuse Kills!
God is Against Alcohol, Period!
"I tell you that the curse of God Almighty is on the saloon." -Billy Sunday
Billy Sunday (1862-1935)
Beer is for fools!!!
"Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise." -Proverb 20:1
Jacqueline Saburido (pictured above)
Watch Billy Sunday preach!
More Sermons by Billy Sunday
Anti-Saloon League Quitters!
Hear Billy Sunday's "Booze Kills!" (MP3)
Hear Billy Sunday on Prohibition (MP3)
The Truth About Booze- part 1 (Pastor Jeff Owens)
The Truth About Booze- part 2 (Pastor Jeff Owens)
The Salvation of a Nation (by Pastor Jack Hyles)
"Whiskey and beer are all right in their place, but their place is in hell." —Billy Sunday
"The man who votes for the saloon is pulling on the same rope with the devil, whether he knows it or not." —Billy Sunday
Teens Drink One-Fifth of U.S. Alcohol!
Flying and Alcohol
Beer Soaks America (exposing the lying propaganda of the beer industry)
How to Go to Heaven