Benny Hinn's Hidden Heresies
by David J. Stewart
Benny Hinn is Extremely Deceptive!
"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves." -Matthew 7:15
Benny Hinn teaches that there are NINE members to the Godhead. Hinn is very deceptive. If you look at Benny Hinn's website, you might be totally convinced that he's a born again Christian. Yet, Hinn's life contradicts his statements. If a famous preacher claimed to believe in freedom and America; but then you find out that he was a member of the Communist Party at the SAME time, what would you think? That man is Martin Luther King Jr. Would you believe his words about freedom? No! Likewise, Benny Hinn presents the Gospel on his website; but, then praises the Pope, recognizes Our Lady of Fatima (Mary) as legitimate, partakes of transubstantiation (Catholic holy communion), and promotes Catholicism--The biggest cult on earth! And by the way, Hinn never actually states in his online Gospel presentation that a person doesn't have to do works to be saved. And also, every Catholic believes the simple Gospel, i.e., that Jesus Christ died, was buried, and rose again for our justification. The church of Galatia in the Bible fell victim to the same type of heresy. They had heard the simple Gospel; but, now were being led to follow a works salvation by a false religion, "I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel" (Galatians 1:6). Benny Hinn fools multitudes of people by presenting the Biblical Gospel on his website; BUT, then promoting the damnable heresies and idols of Catholicism. To promote Fatima (see below) is to promote the Catholic Virgin Mary.
There are many hidden heresies which Hinn's website doesn't mention. There is a great evil in the religious world today, and it is very subtle. The evil is that of preaching a TROJAN HORSE Gospel. After ten years of trying to conquer the people of Troy, the Greeks devised a sneaky plan. They left a giant horse, as a gift, outside the city gates of Troy, then retreated. When the people of Troy saw the Greek armies leaving, they opened the door and brought the gift horse into the city. That night, Greek soldiers, who were hidden inside the horse, overtook the people of Troy. Troy was conquered! Hence the term, "Never look a gift horse in the mouth." That horse wasn't what it seemed. What APPEARED to be a gift, was actually a trap. Likewise, Benny Hinn's doctrines are a trap. He is preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ, while simultaneously practicing and praising Catholicism (as you will see). The net result is apostasy.
Benny Hinn Says Pope John Paul II Pointed Millions to Jesus!
Listen to what Hinn said concerning Pope John Paul II after his death, “Pope John Paul II pointed millions to Jesus Christ when he was Pope. And I believe we're in for the greatest move of the Spirit of God on this planet." -BENNY HINN (Benny Hinn: The Impact of the Pope's Death, By Chris Mitchell, Middle East Bureau Chief, CBN.com). What? The Pope pointing people to Jesus? Hinn is a false prophet! Pope John Paul II pointed billions of people to MARY!!! Pope John Paul II pointed people to himself, to the Catholic priests, to the Seven sacraments, to religion, to Mary; BUT, not to Jesus Christ. You cannot point people to Jesus Christ while simultaneously teaching the traditions of men. John 4:24 plainly teaches that God must be worshipped in TRUTH, not the traditions of men. What a deception!!! This is why Christ said in Mark 7:7...
"Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."
Benny Hinn Professes to be Catholic!
Hinn proudly stated, "My upbringing, of course, was Catholic in that I attended the Catholic school in Jaffa, Israel. And so my mentality basically is a Catholic mentality. When I was born again, I was Catholic in my ways. I was very Catholic in my ideas, in my behavior." (Christianity Today, Sept. 3, 1991.)
Benny Hinn Promotes Our Lady of Fatima
"Hinn appeared on the April 23 installment of Larry King Live. King challenged him as to why he doesn’t go from “bed to bed” in hospitals with his healing power. Hinn indicated that he does visit hospitals and when he prayed for people, there were some who were healed but others who were not. He then offered King this explanation as to his mixed results: “But, you see, the gift does not work when you want it to work. The anointing must be there.”
The driving force of his ministry then came to light as he told King: “In a crusade — in a meeting when I am ministering, the anointing of God comes on me and that’s when things happen.” Yet all of this begs the question: Why would the Holy Spirit limit Himself to work in power in only emotionally charged meetings? Hinn would have us believe that the anointing comes and goes but mostly comes in arenas and convention centers. Hinn’s concept takes issue with Scripture as 1 John 2:27 states: “The anointing which you have received from Him abides in you.”
Hinn then endorsed the reputed divine healing power of the Marian shrines at Lourdes and Fatima. He told King and the viewing audience: “Look, God has given us, Larry, many sources of healing. Look at Lourdes. People have been healed going to Lourdes and Fatima. There was a pool, even in the Bible, the pool of Bethesda, where the angels stirred the water — people were also healed. So God has given us many avenues of healing. He wants us to be healed.”
It is disturbing to see Hinn put these two extrabiblical shrines in the same category as a biblical event. It must also be noted that in the incident in John 5, the man was healed by Jesus (John 5:12-13) and Bethesda is never mentioned again after this chapter. (It is a dry archaeological ruin today.) Further, no one is ever pointed back to it for help or healing. In Acts 3 the man is not pointed to the pool (which was nearby) but to Christ (Acts 3:6). Whatever temporary mercy God had shown at Bethesda ended with the person of Christ. But the point must be made that there is a universe of distance between what Lourdes and Fatima are promoting and the Jewish pool of John 5. At the Pool of Bethesda, no one was being encouraged to hold to teachings contrary to God’s Word.
The message of both Lourdes and Fatima are messages supposedly from the Virgin Mary promoting veneration and prayers to her." -SOURCE
Failed Prophesies of Benny Hinn
The following information is provided by WIKIPEDIA.com...
- "The Spirit tells me Fidel Castro will die in the 90's. Oh my! Some will try to kill him and they will not succeed. But there will come a change in his physical health, and he will not stay in power, and Cuba will be visited of God."
- Orlando Christian Center, Dec. 31, 1989. (audio)
- ""The Lord also tells me to tell you in the mid 90’s, about ’94-’95, no later than that, God will destroy the homosexual community of America. [audience applauds] But He will not destroy it – with what many minds have thought Him to be, He will destroy it with fire. And many will turn and be saved, and many will rebel and be destroyed."
- Orlando Christian Center, Dec. 31, 1989. (audio)
- "A world dictator is coming on the scene. My! He's a short man. He's a short man. I see a short man who's a perfect incarnation of Satan. [speaks in tongues] Never in my life have I had anything happen like what's happening to me now! 'This man will rule the world. In the next few years you will see him. But not long after that you will see Me.'"
- Orlando Christian Center, Dec. 31, 1989
- "The Spirit of God tells me an earthquake will hit the East Coast of America and destroy much in the '90s. Not one place will be safe from earthquakes in the '90s. These who have not known earthquakes will know it. People, I feel the Spirit all over me!"
- Orlando Christian Center, Dec. 31, 1989
- "We may have two years before the rapture. Can I be blunt with you? I don't know if we have two years left. I'm going to prove to you from the Word tonight, that we have less than two years."
- November 9, 1990 Praise-a-Thon
- "But here's first what I see for TBN. You're going to have people raised from the dead watching this network. You're going to have people raised from the dead watching TBN. Programs -- just plain programs -- programs that haven't done much when it comes to supernatural manifestations -- teaching programs!"
- October 19, 1999 Praise The Lord, Trinity Broadcasting Network
- "Jesus is coming again within the next two years."
- July 1997, fund-raising telethon on TBN
- "The hour is urgent. Many of you have known me for many years. But I am telling you right now, things I haven't said years 'n years 'n years ago. I believe - here this, hear this! I believe, that Jesus, God's Son, is about to appear physically, in meetings and to believers around the world, to wake us up! I am prophesying this! Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is about to appear physically in some churches, and some meetings, and to many of His people, for one reason - to tell you He is about to show up!"
- April 2nd, 2000, TBN Praise-a-thon
Benny Hinn is bad news and should be avoided by everyone! We read in 2nd Peter 2:1-3...
"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not."
Benny Hinn is a false prophet who is EXPLOITING the Gospel to promote ecumenicalism, i.e., unity between Catholics and Christians. There is NO unity between a truly born again believer and the Great Whore of Roman Catholicism (2nd Corinthians 6:14-17). Hinn is effectively confusing the multitudes because so many people are woefully ignorant of the Word of God. I plead with you as a loving friend, and as a faithful Christian, to run away from Benny Hinn as fast as you can.
Shocking Facts About Benny Hinn
Benny Hinn - False Prophet!