The religious practice called the "Rosary" is unbiblical
Those who want to fellowship with the Roman Catholic Church and accept it as a true "church" are ignoring its blasphemous teachings concerning Mary. The Catholic religion is straight out of hell! The Vatican II Council and the New Catholic Catechism reaffirmed that Mary is the sinless Mother of God, that she ascended bodily to Glory and was crowned as the Queen of Heaven, that she can hear and answer prayer. Of course, no such teachings are found ANYWHERE in the Bible. Mary is NOT the queen of heaven, she did NOT ascend bodily, and Mary certainly is NOT sinless! The mother of Jesus was a sinner! Where in the world did anyone ever get the twisted idea that Mary was sinless? No such teaching is taught in the Word of God. The ONLY sinless being who ever walked this earth was the Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
The Catholic Rosary is largely a prayer to Mary. Though Catholics like to point out that they are not praying to Mary, the 2nd of the ten commandments clearly prohibits and warns us NOT to BOW DOWN to any graven image. God in the 2nd commandment even goes as far as to warn us against bowing down to the likeness of anything in HEAVEN OR EARTH. Mary worship is a sin! Pope John Paul II is a great Mary lover. In his book Crossing the Threshold of Hope, the Pope testifies that his personal devotion to Mary was developed at Marian sites such as Jasna Gora (home of the Black Madonna) in his homeland of Poland (Crossing the Threshold of Hope, p. 220). The Pope has "Totus Tuus" (All Yours) embroidered on his papal garments, designating his "abandonment to Mary" (Crossing the Threshold of Hope, p. 215). After the Pope was shot during an assassination attempt in May 1981, he attributed his subsequent recovery to Mary, and it was at shrines such as Jasna Gora and Fatima that he has expressed his thankfulness to the "Queen of Heaven." He prays to Mary daily. This is an abomination unto the Lord.
"I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images." -Isaiah 42:8
According to the Marian Library, about 80% of the Catholic shrines are dedicated to Mary. (Several years ago, Wilson Ewin, who researched Roman Catholicism for many decades, reported that he knew of only one Catholic church in the world that is named for Jesus Christ. All the others are named for Mary or other Catholic "saints.") Each year, 10 million visit the shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe (Mexico), 6 million to Lourdes (France), 5 million to Czestochowa (Poland), and 4 million to Aparecida (Brazil). Those are just a few of the shrines dedicated to a false Mary which are visited by millions of people searching for religious blessing and miraculous healing.
Mary allegedly appeared to three children at Fatima, north of Lisbon, Portugal, in 1917, identifying herself as "Our Lady of the Rosary" and giving the following promises to those who will faithfully recite the Rosary. The following unbiblical information is from the Roman Catholic site http://www.fatima.org/promises.html
THE 15 PROMISES OF OUR LADY TO CHRISTIANS WHO RECITE THE ROSARY
1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces.
2. I promise My special protection and the greatest graces to all who shall recite the Rosary.
3. The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
4. It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
5. The soul which recommends itself to Me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.
6. Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the Sacraments of the Church.
8. Those who are faithful in reciting the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
9. I shall deliver from purgatory, those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
10. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.
11. You shall obtain all you ask of Me by the recitation of the Rosary.
12. All those who propagate the holy Rosary shall be aided by Me in their necessities.
13. I have obtained from My Divine Son, that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors, the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
14. All who recite the Rosary are My sons, and brothers of My only son Jesus Christ.
15. Devotion to My Rosary is a great sign of pre-destination.
The above promises are a bunch of lies, straight from hell. Mary was a sinner, just like you and me. Mary has been dead since the 1st century A.D., she surely cannot make any promises. We are clearly taught in Hebrews 1:2 that God speaks to us today through His Son, Christ Jesus...NOT the Pope or Catholic religion! Jesus is the Living Word, the Bible is the Written Word. The Catholic religion is a conglomerate of several pagan religions dating back from ancient times. The whole heretical concept of a "mother god" began with Nimrod at Babel in the Old Testament. If you'd like to know more about this, please read The Two Babylons. also read A Woman Rides the Beast.
There is so much heresy and man-made traditions within the Catholic religion that one has to seriously ponder the incredible ignorance of of average catholic. Or is it ignorance? Perhaps it is wickedness and deliberate rebellion against the truth of God's Word. I believe most Catholics have heard the gospel of Jesus Christ, but reject it because it goes contrary to most of their Catholic traditions. I triple-dog dare you to study the Word of God for yourself and find if the teachings of the Catholic religions are Scriptural. For example: 1st Timothy 4:1-7 clears warns us about false prophets who would come, forbidding people to marry or to eat meat. The Catholic church is guilty of both. I dare you to show me the Rosary anywhere in the Bible. Matthew 23:9 clearly warns us NOT to call any man our father upon the earth because God is our ONLY spiritual father. Yet, Catholics call their priests "father" in direct violation of the Bible. There is NOTHING in the Bible about "Seven Sacraments." The Bible clearly teaches that there is only ONE Mediator between God and man, the Lord Christ Jesus (1st Timothy 2:5). So why are we told by the Catholic religion to confess our sins to a sinful priest or Pope instead of to our Lord Jesus Christ directly? Who died upon the cross for you? Jesus died for us to pay for our sins, not the Catholic priest! No priest or Pope can absolve, forgive or perform "last rights" upon you to cleanse your sins away. ONLY through Jesus Christ can we obtain the forgiveness of sins (John 14:6).
The promise of reciting the Rosary is wicked, it leads people away from trusting upon Jesus Christ alone. Mary is dead, she died nearly two millenniums ago. Mary has not spoken to anyone upon the earth since her death. Mary is in heaven today, but she is NOT elevated in anyway above any other godly women throughout history who lived an obedient life for God. We must not make the foolish mistake (and sin) of elevating any sinner (such as Mary) above just that...being a dirty rotten sinner deserving of hell. I worship Jesus Christ, God the Father and the Holy Spirit of God. One God (Scripturally called the "Godhead"), Who has manifest Himself to mankind in the form of three individual and distinct persons. To those who believe, no explanation is necessary: to those who believe not, no explanation is possible. Do you believe? I certainly do!
Mary cannot make any promises to you, me or anyone else because she has been dead for nearly 2,000 years. Please don't be deceived by the evil inventions of foolish men and women rebellious against God Almighty...Mary worship is a sin! Even bowing to her is a sin! Counting beads while saying "Rosary" prayers is formalism, religious heresy, and a big waste of your time.
Look at promise number eleven again...
11. You shall obtain all you ask of Me by the recitation of the Rosary.
Do you really believe that Mary can give you anything? Do you really believe that she has power in heaven? Can you show me even one single Bible verse to support your beliefs? No, you certainly cannot! Mary can give you nothing. On the contrary, the Word of God clearly tells us to address God as..."Our Father, which art in heaven"...for our daily bread and needs. We are to pray to the Heavenly Father, there is NO heavenly mother. Mary is a sinner, deserving of hell. Mary can do nothing to help you on the day of judgment if you die in your sins without Christ as Saviour.
"I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins." -John 8:24
Do you believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Saviour? If you'd like to be saved, click here.