How to Boost Your Church Attendance
by Dr. Jack Hyles (1926-2001)
(Loyal Pastor of First Baptist Church of Hammond, Indiana for over 42 years)
Table of Contents
1. Practical Pointers for the Pastor and His People
2. How to Get People to Visit
3. How to Organize a Visitation Program
4. How to Win a Soul to Jesus
5. Our New Visitation Program (By Jim Lyons, Associate Pastor)
6. A Realistic Approach to an Evangelistic Preaching Service
7. Big Days and Special Occasions
The Church's Birthday
Back to School Day
Picture Taking Day
Record Breaking Day
Good Neighbor Sunday
Vacation Bible School Sunday
8. Suggestions on How to Promote Big Days
9. Some Practical Pointers Concerning the Sunday School
10. Training Union or Youth Group Suggestions
11. Vacation Bible School at Miller Road (By Jo Strickland, Pastor's Secretary)
Dedicated to my wife, BEVERLY, who has shared with me in the successes and failures, joys and heartaches, in the learning and using of the material contained in this book.
In December, 1952, I was called to become pastor of the Miller Road Baptist Church in Garland, Texas, a church with an annual budget of $3,000 and ninety-two members. The church had property valued at $6,000. In the five years of our fellowship and work together God has seen fit to increase those figures to over 3,400 members, a budget of $182,000 annually, and property evaluated at $500,000.
During these five years many pastors have come to me wanting to know about our methods and ideas concerning the church program. After four years of these inquiries and conferences, we conducted in our church a pastors' school. At the conclusion of the pastors' school the brethren suggested that the information and data be compiled in book form. This book was written from the notes that were presented in the pastors' school.
Many churches, especially small ones, have used the ideas presented in this book to great benefit. No one pastor will agree with all of the ideas suggested. Neither will all of the ideas work in all situations; however, it is hoped that from the suggestions a few points may be applicable to each minister, and that some suggestions will be helpful to each church.
May the God of heaven bless these promotional ideas and suggestions to the bringing of souls to our Saviour.
More Life Changing Sermons and book by Dr. Jack Hyles:
Printed | Audio
Do you know for sure that if you died today, you would go to Heaven? You can know!
Click Here to find out how!
"I am an old-fashioned preacher of the old-time religion, that has warmed this cold world's heart for two thousand years." óBilly SUNDAY