A Very Tasty 'Dirt Cake' Recipe
Click HERE For Cool Music!
By David J. Stewart
Dirt Cake Recipe:
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 1 large clean PLASTIC flowerpot (7" D x 9" W)
- 1 clean garden trowel
- Artificial flowers
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 (8 oz.) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 (3.5 oz.) packages of INSTANT vanilla pudding mix (must be instant)
- Milk (for pudding directions)
- 1 (12 oz.) Cool Whip, thawed
- 20 oz. Oreo Cookies, pulverized (wooooo-hoooo!)
- Aluminum foil
- rubber spatula
- food processor/blender
- 2 large bowls
NOW LET'S GET TO IT:
- Grind Oreo cookies until very fine (should resemble potting soil). Cream filling will disappear.
- Cream the butter, cream cheese, and sugar in a large bowl until smooth and fluffy.
- Whisk together milk and pudding mix according to directions, until well blended.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold pudding and cream mixtures together.
- Line the flowerpot with aluminum foil if there are drainage holes on the bottom. (If you are using a clay pot, sterilize the night before at 350 degrees for 2 hours, then line the pot fully, leaving 1/2 inch from the rim of pot. Then press crushed cookies (dirt) on the bottom of lined pot until bottom is covered.
- Alternate the layers of creamy mixture with cookie (dirt) mixture until the top is layered with cookies (dirt); chill overnight or for 3-4 hours.
- Top with artificial flowers just before serving; serve with new garden trowel.
God's Simple Plan