- The average life expectancy in America was 47.3 for women, 46.3 for men, and 33 for blacks.
- Only 14% of the homes in the U.S. had a bathtub.
- 18% of American households had at least one full-time servant or domestic.
- Only 8% of the homes had a telephone.
- Policeman arrested women for smoking in public.
- A three-minute call from Denver to New York City cost $11.
- Sugar cost $0.04/pound. Eggs were $0.14/dozen. Coffee cost $0.15/pound.
- There were only 8,000 cars in the U.S. and only 144 miles of paved roads.
- The maximum speed limit in most cities was 10 mph.
- Alabama, Mississippi, Iowa, and Tennessee were each more heavily populated than California. With a mere 1.4 million residents, California was only the 21st most populated state in the Union.
- There was $46,000,000 in the U.S. Treasury.
- The average wage in the U.S. was $0.22/hour.
- The average worker made $12.98/week for 59 hours.
- The average American worker made between $200-$400/year.
- A competent accountant could expect to earn $2000/year, a dentist $2,500/year, a veterinarian between $1,500-$4,000/year, and a mechanical engineer about $5,000/year.
- More than 95% of all births in the U.S. took place at home.
- 90% of all U.S. physicians had no college education. Instead, they attended medical schools, many of which were condemned in the press and by the government as "substandard."
- The five leading causes of death in the US were:
1. Pneumonia and influenza
4. Heart disease
- The American flag had 45 stars. Arizona, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Hawaii and Alaska hadn't been admitted to the Union yet.
- The population of Las Vegas, Nevada was 30.
- One in ten American adults couldn't read or write.
- Only 6% of all Americans had graduated from high school.
- Only 5 percent of households consisted of people living alone while 20 percent had seven or more people.
- Electric traffic lights had not yet been invented.
- Fewer than 1 percent of the nation's men and women (age 15 and over) were divorced.
- There were only about 230 reported murders in the entire U.S.
- Public school students were led each day in prayer and Bible reading.
- The tallest structure in the world was the Eiffel Tower.
- There were no Mother's Day or Father's Day.
- Radio and TV had not yet been invented.
- The Ice Cream Cone had not yet been invented.
- Crossword puzzles, canned beer, and iced tea hadn't been invented.
- Most women only washed their hair once a month and used borax or egg yolks for shampoo.
- Coca Cola contained cocaine.
- Marijuana, heroin and morphine were all available over the counter at corner drugstores. According to one pharmacist, "Heroin clears the complexion, gives buoyancy to the mind, regulates the stomach and the bowels, and is, in fact, a perfect guardian of health."
- Canada passed a law prohibiting poor people from entering the country for any reason.
Quite amazing isn't it? My how things have drastically changed. You'd think with all the blessings which God has bestowed upon us that Americans would honor God. Sadly, America has spit in God's face! We dare sing "God Bless America" while tens-of-millions of babies continue to be slaughtered in abortuaries nationwide. We dare pledge "one nation under God" while millions of Americans continue the urgent rush to SIN CITY to fornicate, gamble, et cetera.
We dare claim on our money "In God We Trust" while tens-of-millions of Americans continue to worship idols (Mary), praise witchcraft (Harry Potter), and tolerate homosexual teachings in our public schools. How much of this wickedness will God tolerate before He judges us as a nation? Even as I type, our nation is in critical condition, and is going into "code blue" (i.e., death). The average American has no idea what evils lurk in the near future for our nation. Here's just a few articles that should scare you:
- A criminal syndicate has taken over The White House (Please listen to this congresswoman!)
- Detention camps are being built in the U.S. by Halliburton
- H.R. 6166 (say goodbye to Habeas Corpus!)
Federal laws are quietly being changed almost on a daily basis nationwide, which will one day be enforced to the horror of the American people (but by then it will be too late). Freedom is never maintained by ignorance and complacency, but by fighting to keep it! The American people are more illiterate today than they were 50 years ago...
A newspaper reported in 1997 that the standards of education are so low in the U.S. that black Americans are returning to Africa, specifically Kenya, to get better schooling. (SOURCE: "Illiterates swop slums for sums,” Sunday Times, 27 July 1997.)
And if the article, published in The Atlanta Journal and Constitution in October 1999, part of which appears below, is only partially representative of conditions in the United States, it should cause great alarm:
In the aftermath of the Atlanta Public School's announcement that more than half the city's third-graders may flunk come spring, administrators, teachers and parents are grappling with questions about why the scores were so low and what can be done to improve them. Superintendent Beverly Hall last week revealed the stunning results of the Scholastic Reading Inventory, a criterion-referenced test that gauges a child's reading skills against what is expected for a child in that grade. Seventy-three percent of second-graders, 55 percent of third-graders, 57 percent of fourth graders and 49 percent of fifth-graders are not reading on grade level, according to the test. (SOURCE: Carter, R., “Schools struggle to find solutions. Dismal showing by lower grades on reading tests prompts some to ask why system has failed,” The Atlanta Journal and Constitution, 14 October 1999, J1.)
Americans are deliberately being dumbed down to enslave us. Laugh if you want, the facts are incontrovertible. If you sincerely believe that America is under attack by Al Qaeda terrorists, you're ignorant of the truth. If you want to find the real criminals, look no further than 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington, DC (i.e., The White House)! The mounting solid evidence against the Bush Administration's involvement in the 911 attacks is disturbing.
Yes, America has changed quite a bit in 100 years. The world is VERY different today. The world's religions are UNITING gradually into a one-world apostate religious system, which will be headed up by the False Prophet. Read here about Bill Gaither and dyke lesbian Gospel singer Marsha Stevens. The "new" universal religion is acceptant of homosexuality, idolatry, and apostasy. Here's a shocker--18% of the congregation of the Unitarian Universalist Church claim to be ATHEIST! Do you see where all this is headed?
Famous singer, Beyonce, who professes to be a devout Christian, says that God approves of her public stripping and lewd clothing. This is where Christianity is at folks. Christianity Today recently stated, "Some same-sex activity or experimentation does not automatically mean that you are gay." Yeah, right... and Michael Jackson's mother is right when she says Michael doesn't grab his crouch in concert for any sexual reason. Who are they trying to kid? ChristianityToday (CT) that was founded by Billy Graham (Balaam) has also endorsed Harry Potter's witchcraft. CT has blasphemed God as being a “Drama Queen.” A Baptist Church in Tennessee recently called an ordained lesbian to be their pastor. What is the Christian world coming to? This is drastically different from the old time religion 100 years ago. Billy Sunday is throwing a fit in Heaven!
~by David J. Stewart